A well known retail business are looking for a Record to Report Accountant to join their Finance team, you will have the ability to dive into the detail when required and be able to demonstrate excellent reporting knowledge. The successful candidate must have the ability to demonstrate strong accounting skills and be able to provide sound technical accounting advice.
• The creation of accurate management information all areas of the Society, in the development and provision of a world class standard transactional operation.
• Communication and visibility of risks and opportunities relating to Key Balance Sheet Accounts in accordance with the RACI.
• Ensuring activities are aligned to the vision and design within Finance Shared Services
• Regular communication with key internal customers on important issues, Finance Business Partners being a key stakeholder.
• Develop and through effective management of allocated resources, deliver a service which meets the agreed SLAs / KPIs / CI for this area of operation
• Embed a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of operation through Perform, with a particular focus on process improvement
• Ensure work is delivered in line with agreed processes and procedures for:
• Month end timetable and close management
• Reconciliation of sub-ledgers to general ledger
• Reconciliation of general ledger balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations and accurate RAG status of balances
• Process journals
• Claim forms and overriders
• Review of trial balance
• Review of financial results
• Close general ledger
• Preparation of management accounts
• Executive reporting
• External reporting
• Perform / provide support to other ad-hoc activities/duties/projects, as requested by the R2R manager and/or by the leadership team
• To assist in the production of statutory accounts for both the group and individual entities
• financial plans, aligned to the strategy and impacts of new initiatives are captured and quantified
• Escalate errors and rework to accountable owners. Ensure that processes are adhered to and report issues to the Record to Report Manager
|Job Time||Full Time|