Assistant Regulatory Accountant
Assistant Regulatory Accountant required to join my client who is a globally recognised Financial Services organisation based in Telford, Shropshire.
The Assistant Regulatory Accountants role will be to prepare regulatory returns for submission to regulators and other supervisory bodies, in particular Solvency II returns. To extract data as required from source accounting systems, operating the relevant control processes and developing those processes as required. To provide accounting MI for decision making.
Assistant Regulatory Accountants key duties to include:
• Prepare Solvency II regulatory returns on an annual and quarterly basis.
• Assist in the preparation of insightful commentary on regulatory returns highlighting key features of the results and material risks and issues arising.
• Ensure source accounting data is held and in a format required for regulatory reporting and prepare relevant adjustments where these are required.
• To develop the reporting process including assisting in the revision of processes.
• To ensure work performed and related documentation is suitable for internal and external audit.
• Prepare technical returns required by the business.
• Ensure key controls are clearly documented in Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA).
• Ensure the requirements of corporate governance, are complied with to the desired standard.
• Develop techncial knoweldge of regulatory reporting requirements and ensure work done is in accordance with those requirements.
• To develop reporting environment making best use of Oracle data warehouse and developing reports and processes to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability in reporting process.
The successful Assistant Regulatory Accountant will have the following skills and experience:
• Part or Fully Qualified accountant
• Financial Reporting experience is essential, Solvency II preferred but not essential.
• Communicates effectively at all levels, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders as appropriate to role.
• Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
• Understands the commercial environment and actively shares new ideas or challenges where appropriate
• Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and involving others appropriately in the wider function and business.
• Life Company reporting knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements (Solvency II) preferred
• Minimum three years experience of financial reporting in either industry or practice
• Proven record of career development
• Proven record in process improvement
• Insurance reporting experience preferred
Salary on offer is between £28,000 to £38,000 + market leading benefits
For a full job spec and confidential chat, contact Nick Singh on 07837 762322 or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
|Job Category||Ad Finance|
|Job Time||Full Time|