Control Systems Engineer
Alexander Daniels is currently in partnership with a rapidly growing business based in Birmingham to recruit for a Control Systems Engineer. This is a pivotal position within our clients engineering team as the candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing of automation equipment.
• Responsibility for the construction of software architecture working from customer specifications,
• Design of the machine software, software programming and PLC, Electrical content, and all aspects of controls, drives and HMIs
• Utilising PLC programming software such as Siemens TIA, Mitsubishi GX, Omron CX.
• Must have the ability to able to create a machine manual including knowledge of word to create a detailed explanation of how the machine works using example manuals as a basis.
• Liaise with the sales department and project manager to support the preparation of quotations,
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and able to work to tight deadlines,
• Cooperation in the development and study of technical machine solutions,
• Supporting install teams with commissioning and integration of machinery,
• Working closely with the project manager and shop floor foreman maintaining delivery targets set by the customer,
• Demonstrate lessons learnt are being followed up to maintain that we improve the design of our machines,
• Be able to support all technical issues relating to PLC, SCADA, HMI and Drive components,
• Report back to the Project Manager on project timing / issues or completion to feedback project final costing for analysis,
• Self-motivated team player able to operate on own initiative,
• Must have worked in and have knowledge of manufacturing improvements, machine tool and automation,
• Proven background and history to demonstrate the ability to meet the customers’ demands,
• To be fully conversant with programming Siemens, Allen Bradley etc. to the latest specification,
• Ideally conversant with excel and word for stock lists, machine manuals and customers’ requests for documentation.
• Strong communication skills at all levels.
• Demonstrable experience of problem solving & implementation of countermeasures.
• Demonstrable experience of proactively driving through changes / cost saving within the department.
• Able to work on more than one project at one time due to a number of machines being built at the same time.
• Be prepared to work within our organization to support the implementation of common
You will have good business sense, an understanding of the impact of decisions made, and strong attention to detail.
If you feel this is the ideal role for you please apply now as they are looking to interview ASAP. Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0121 503 2170.
|Job Category||Ad Eng|
|Job Level||Clerical & Transactional|
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Level||Clerical & Transactional|