FP&A Accountant required to join a market leading Financial Services organisation based in Telford.
The FP&A Accountant will be required to manage departmental delivery of objectives to the Finance Manager and relevant internal and external customers in all aspects of financial responsibility. To deliver operational process improvement and change management within the department and across functionally. Ensure service agreements are met by leading and developing finance relationships and managing resources. Responsibilities to include management of direct and indirect staff and operational financial challenge
FP&A Accountants Key Responsibilities:
- Application of commercial and financial knowledge to influence operational outcomes and deliver results to the Finance managers and relevant business functions.
- Challenge the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported.
- Management of resource to ensure all departmental deliverables are defined and delivered accurately and of requisite quality in line with customer timetables.
- Responsible for driving and embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
- Understand and manage the Risk and Control framework that Admin Re operates, applying finance knowledge to ensure departmental risks are evaluated, measured, and mitigated.
- Develop, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and key business stakeholder.
- Define and operationally improve the financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting tool and group submission tool). Challenge, develop and implement improvements in efficiency and quality.
- Proactively drive continuous end to end improvement of the Admin Re model in the department to ensure both financial accuracy and correct customer outcome.
- Define and deliver operational MI to executive stakeholders, that drives and influences business action and cross functional understanding as well as process improvement.
- Application of subject matter expertise within Finance, through appropriate engagement with stakeholders to drive long term improvement to operational models.
- Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation and to external stakeholders.
- Management of direct and indirect staff in delivering BAU service and management of staff performance.
- Improve team effectiveness through gap analysis, coordinating delivery of objectives, challenging as appropriate and inspiring the team to deliver continuous improvement.
- Deputise for management for operational tasks.
FP&A Accountants Profile will be:
- Fully qualified accountant with experience of working within a finance/ regulatory environment
- Experience in development and application of technical accounting models
- Experience of Financial Accounting & expense modeling in complex organisations is desirable.
- Experience in implementation & interrogation of new financial systems and/or processes
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral presentation, engaging with customers and stakeholders
- Good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and engaging others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Strong operational financial management skills
- Strong leadership skills within staff management, task management and process improvement.
What is on offer
Salary will be dependant on experience but will range from £35,000 to £55,000 + benefits.
|Job Category||Ad Finance|
|Job Time||Full Time|