Head of Compliance
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Guernsey to recruit a Head of Compliance.
- Act as the CO / MLRO / MLCO;
- Leadership of the Compliance function, taking responsibility for ensuring that the team provides the support and advice necessary for the business to meet its regulatory obligations;
- Direct line management of the individuals in the Compliance team providing technical and wider support to those individuals but also to the administration teams to drive performance, engagement, motivation and development of the team and the individuals within it;
- Accountability for ensuring that policy and procedure is complied with and that fiduciary, legal and regulatory obligations are met, driving escalation when necessary;
- Responsibility for ensuring regulatory obligations are met upon the receipt of suspicious activity reports from the business, including where appropriate reporting to local law enforcement and other agencies;
- The formulation of, and direction / advice to the business on financial crime policy and procedure including those in relation to financial sanctions and all matters associated with financial crime prevention;
- Guidance to the business in relation to regulatory change, including interpretation of legislation, guidance and practice notes and driving the successful implementation of that change into the business;
- Working with the business to strengthen its compliance culture by driving the business risk assessment / risk and control self assessment processes and the compliance monitoring framework and testing;
- Compliance membership of the Business Acceptance Committee providing advice, regulatory insight and support in respect of appropriate solutions;
- Assist in the provision of requisite training such as AML, Sanctions, anti bribery and corruption and induction;
- Responsible for the day to day relationship with the Guernsey Financial Services Commission;
- Responsibility for ongoing personal development in partnership with the business and meeting the associated CPD obligation.
- Ensure that the risks of money laundering and terrorism financing involved in the development of new products and commercial practices or in the use of new technologies or those developed for new or existing products are assessed in advance and, if applicable, identified, limited and adequately monitored in the context of risk management.
- Taking an active and leading role in regulatory financial crime on-site examinations including preparation, on site support and follow up activity.
Skills and Experience:
- In-depth, detailed knowledge of legal obligations and compliance regulations and a complete understanding of regulatory principles; and
- Extensive experience of offshore structures and wealth planning with significant expertise in trust, company and fiduciary matters;
- Effective at sharing best practice, coaching and motivating
- Excellent organisational skills, creative but pragmatic approach and the desire to challenge the status quo to drive efficiency, increase performance and regulatory compliance;
- Build and develop relationships with a reputation for integrity and with the ability to evoke trust and openness in colleagues and regulatory and other bodies;
- High level of self motivation and discipline.
|Job Category||AD Offshore|
|Job Time||Full Time|