Management & Reporting Accountant
Management & Reporting Accountant required for a fantastic high-growth retail business in South Birmingham. This role is a brand new addition to a budding finance team, which has been introduced to scale in line with the group that has almost double in sized recently, as well as to overall improve the quality of financial reporting within the business and introduce a commercial business partnering function.
The company is one which has a fairly sizeable finance team, and in the past 18 months has really focused on bridging the gap between finance and operations. This role will form a key part of this continued operation.
As the Management & Reporting Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Full month end ownership for your business unit
- Journal postings, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentary – with a working day 5 close
- Forming part of a project team to continually improve reporting processes and procedures, and result in improved quality of financial information across the group
- Working alongside the commercial finance function to act as a business partner to bridge the gap between finance, other head office functions and operations staff
- Supporting the production of monthly management information for board reports, alongside the Group Finance Manager
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller and financial reporting team with preparation of the annual statutory accounts, and being a point of contact for the auditors at year end
You will ideally be ACA/ACCA/ACMA newly-qualified or finalist, and have experience with the full management accounting process, but capable of thinking with a commercial mindset, yet able to contribute towards robust reporting and controls.
The company has a lively and fun culture, and genuinely is a lovely place to work – as such, we’re looking for friendly and confident people to help bulk out the team, who will want to be part of such an environment.
|Job Category||Ad Finance|
|Job Time||Full Time|