Process Engineer – Telford
An international automotive manufacturing business based in Telford seeks a Process Engineer. This is an exciting and pivotal position within the engineering team as you will be responsible for the increase in efficiencies and implementation of new products into production.
- Co-ordination of technical process improvement activities resulting from Cost of Poor Quality reviews, best practice read across activities and quality concerns
- Drive the optimisation of parts production through performance monitoring, capacity analysis and workload balancing
- Special projects management and launch project support
- Using problem solving tools, identify the root cause of process performance issues, and implement effective countermeasures
- Knowledgeable in all process types, strengths, and weaknesses
- Optimisation of existing parts production in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering and Operations staff
- Maintain all tooling drawings and records for quick and easy reference
- Support the manufacturing feasibility of new parts and determine the optimum process routes for each component
- Maintain the capacity planning data for all manufacturing processes using the BPCS System and associated analysis tools, creating new reports as required
- Assist with the standardisation of all plant, equipment, processes, and products.
- Support the creation and maintenance Process FMEA’s
- To have complete consideration for the Health & Safety implications of plant designs by the effective use of specifications and risk assessments
- Work closely with the Project Lead and Manufacturing Engineering counterpart to generate standard information to allow accurate quoting for new business, (plant & tooling costs, process selection, capacity data, standard process times)
- Attend, where appropriate, multi-functional AQP meetings to ensure allocated tasks are achieved in line with project time lines with the appropriate personnel responsible
- Provide easily accessible means to all soft and hard copies of all customer engineering data through logical document filing.
- To contribute as a staff member to the total management of the business and the objectives of the Business Plan.
- To develop and implement plans to continuously improve all the above.
This company mainly manufactures fluid pipe systems and would benefit from previous experience of this and/or CNC tube manipulation.
- Strong process background
- Previous experience in a component manufacturing environment
- Previous engineering Manufacturing Environment, Automotive Experience, Technical Background
- Ability to use AutoCAD and BPCS desirable
- Fully conversant with MS Excel essential
- Degree or equivalent in Manufacturing/Production Engineering
In return for this role a salary of circa £35,000 is on offer and will be dependent on experience.
If you feel this is the ideal role for you please apply now as they are looking to interview ASAP. Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0121 503 2170.
|Job Category||Ad Eng|
|Job Level||Part Qualified|