Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant required to join a Local Government organisation on interim contract (3 to 6months)
The Senior Financial Accountant will be reporting into the Senior Finance Manager and will oversee the delivery of best practice in medium term financial planning, the annual budget process and in year financial reporting whilst ensuring compliance with current governance arrangements and statutory requirements.
The Senior Financial Accountants duties will include:
* Ensure delivery of an effective Financial Strategy
* Ensure delivery of effective and timely medium term financial planning, annual budgeting and regular in year financial reporting processes in accordance with current governance arrangements and statutory requirements.
* Ensure effective business partner support for combined authority operations ensuring that professional financial advice is provided to guide management towards effective decision making and business change and value for money is achieved.
* Ensure high standard of financial management and control.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant codes of practice and statutory requirements.
* Effectively define and communicate financial governance arrangements, controls and procedures.
* Lead the delivery of the continuous improvements to processes and drive smarter working.
* Effective management of the Research and Planning team.
The successful Senior Financial Accountant will have the following:
* Immediately available or available at short notice
* Local government accounting experience at a senior level
* Qualified membership of ICAEWS/ACCA/CIMA or CIPFA
* Experience of Financial Management at a senior level.
* Have a proven track record of leading and developing teams.
* Experience of developing strategic and operational Business Plans.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience of cross team working and effective partner working.
* In depth experience of using computerised financial management systems and tools.
If you have the relevant skills, experience and a local government background, contact Nick Singh to discuss this role in detail, or email your CV.
|Job Category||Ad Finance|
|Job Time||Full Time|