Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant required to join a leading Financial Services organisation in Telford on a 6 month contract. The Senior Management Accountant will manage departmental delivery of objectives to the Accounting and Relationships Manager and relevant internal and external customers in all aspects of financial responsibility. The Senior Management Accountant will deliver operational process improvement and change management within the department and across functionally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a employer of choice, their ambition is simple: To give their people flexibility to work in a way that supports their needs and which continues to deliver on their One Team Goals of; Efficient Business, Quality Outcomes for our Customers and Empowered Workplace Culture.
What is on offer for the successful Senior Management Accountant:
Salary £40,000 to £50,000 + market leading benefits (pro rata)
The Senior Management Accountants Key Responsibilities will include:
• Production of accurate and timely Management Accounts.
• Leading a team of Management Accountants and the production team.
• Presentation of business performance to functional heads of department
• Accurate journal preparation and posting to the general ledger including reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
• Successful transition of functional business partnering, reference actual and short term forecasting, from commercial partnering team, and introduction of functional self serve model.
• Develop and implement process improvement maximising quality and efficiencies to ensure best practice
• Trend and variance analysis by cost type
• Support budgeting and forecasting activities
• Ad hoc support to Finance Business Partners
• Management of direct and indirect staff in delivering BAU service and management of staff performance.
• Improve team effectiveness through gap analysis, coordinating delivery of objectives, challenging as appropriate and inspiring the team to deliver continuous improvement.
• Deputise for management for operational tasks.
• Ensure adequate governance and controls that will satisfy an internal and external audit
The successful Senior Management Accountant will have the following Skills and Experience:
• Fully Qualified ACCA or ACMA
• At least 5 years’ experience in a finance environment
• Experience of managing a team through a transition process.
• Experience of working within a regulatory environment
• Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
• Experience of system interrogation
• Experience in staff management
• Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders
• Demonstrates excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
• Ability to manage change within a team effectively, consulting and engaging others appropriately in the wider function and business.
• Ability to apply specialist knowledge to improve processes.
• Strong operational financial management skills
• Strong leadership skills within staff management, task management and process improvement.
If you are interested in applying for this position, contact Nick Singh on 07837 762322 for a confidential chat or email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Ad Finance|
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract|