SME Financial Controller
Financial Controller required for a superb SME service sector business based in the heart of Leeds. The company is still in the early stages of its life but has grown significantly in recent years, with its turnover doubling within the last 12 months, and fully expecting to reproduce the same expansion over the next 12 months. This is one of the fastest growing companies in West Yorkshire.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth SME business and work alongside a genuine and entrepreneurial MD, and support the business through its continued success and growth in the coming years.
As the Financial Controller, you will be primarily responsible for:
– Full control of the finance function including transactional elements (this will change as you build out a wider finance team), currently using Sage 50
– Monthly management accounts prepared with variance analysis against budgeted expectations, including analysis for presentation to the Managing Director
– Leading the budgeting, forecasting and cash flow analysis procedures for the company
– Complex calculations of accruals and prepayments
– Production of annual statutory accounts (currently not too convoluted due to their size c.£12m turnover)
– Being hands on from an operational point of view and supporting all other major business functions to advise and guide on financial matters, and help the business achieve its financial objectives
The ideal candidate will be ACCA/ACMA/ACA qualified and have a strong history supporting high-growth SME businesses. You should enjoy getting involved in all levels of finance from the more mundane monthly transactions to the complex/strategic decision making. The MD is a superb character and really looking for someone he can partner with to take this company to new heights.
|Job Category||Ad Finance|
|Job Time||Full Time|